By: Isabel Smith, MS, RD, CDN
Easy roasted vegetables (that are also good for you) are my favorite! This easy, delicious recipe makes enough that you’ll get to enjoy leftovers later on. Cauliflower is a seasonal favorite in the fall and winter. The tasty veggie is loaded with healthy nutrients like immune boosting choline, and sulfur-containing cancer-preventive nutrients as well. You can shake up this recipe by adding your own favorite herbs and spices as well. Enjoy!
- 1 whole cauliflower, leaves removed
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- dash of salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400° Fahrenheit.
- Remove leaves from cauliflower.
- While the oven is preheating, place the cauliflower face down in a pot 1/2 to 3/4 filled with water and boil for 10-12 minutes (until the inside of the cauliflower is softened).
- Remove the cauliflower from the pot and place upright in a baking pan.
- Using a fork, poke about 6-8 holes in the cauliflower, which will help to allow space for the oil, herbs and spices to seep into the cauliflower for flavor.
- Next, drizzle the oil over the cauliflower and rub it in with your hands.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper, nutritional yeast and cayenne over the cauliflower then place the cauliflower into the oven and bake for 30-35 minutes or until golden-brown (as pictured).
- Remove the cauliflower from the oven and allow cooling before you cut it.
- Serve on your favorite salad or as a side dish, and enjoy!
Cook time: 40-45 minutes
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.