By: Isabel Smith, MS, RD, CDN
I love a simple and seasonal cocktail, and this one is perfect for fall. Often we forget that cocktails can be simple and quite healthy if we skip all of the added ingredients and sugar. Enjoy this simple cocktail, and to spruce it up, include your favorite fall seasonal fruit!
- juice from 1/2 cup seasonal berry of choice (strawberries and blueberries used in this recipe as they’re currently in season, but any fruit will do)
- 6 oz seltzer or club soda
- (optional) 1 oz liquor of choice, such as vodka, rum, gin, etc.
- Wash and prepare fruit of choice.
- Juice the fruit of choice on medium/high.
- In a glass, combine juice, seltzer and optional alcohol.
- Serve and enjoy!
strawberries/blueberries — cherries, blackberries, apples
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.